Saturday, March 19, 2011

Camping Trip

Sarahbeth and Emma have been on Spring Break this week so Friday, since it was pretty much the end said break, we decided to all go camping out at my Mom and Dad's.  Tent camping with small children, espeacially one still in diapers, can be a trying experience.  So we, I should say I, opted for the easy way out.  We pitched the tent in Granny Jan and Pappa Denny's back yard;  swing set for the kids, bathroom within 30 yards, running water via the water hose, and the gorgeous pond which is the focal point of the backyard.  By pond I don't mean coy pond, I believe people in other parts of the Country call them tanks or stock ponds.  My whole life this pond or pool as we call them in Texas has doubled as a stock pond and a swimming and fishing hole.  I thought it would be a GREAT idea to take our two dogs with us.  You know let em run around in the country for a few days, be real dogs instead of the back yard by day, laying on the couch at night, type of dogs that they are.  Gracie, the beagle, is not use to automobile travel and evidently gets car sick.  Yep she through up in the car on the way.  Meanwhile, Jack the yorkie bounces from front seat to back seat the whole way.  As we started setting up our 12 person tent and the dogs kept running back and forth over the top of as I tried to connect all the poles and Bella our two year old was crying and Emma our six year old was complaining that she was hungry and Sarahbeth the wife was explaining what I was doing wrong in the tent set up phase,  I remembered why we don't do this very often.  Stay tuned for more excitement!

1 comment:

EssBee (SB~Sarahbeth) said...

All we will remember will be the good times:) We had fu. Did you mention that you ended up in the house?